Alternative Delivery of Courses Extended Through End of Semester

As was announced earlier today, we will shift to alternative delivery of courses from March 23 through the end of the spring semester, including final exams. Students will receive further information about instruction as plans are completed. To accommodate these changes, please note the class drop deadline for spring term has been extended to April 17, 2020.

Assessing your readiness – 5 key questions to ask yourself:

1. Have I modified my syllabus and shared it with students to communicate changes?
  2. Is my course content ready to be delivered remotely (either synchronously or asynchronously) on a week-by-week basis?
  3. Are my assessments ready to be delivered and collected remotely on a week-by-week basis?
  4. Do I have a way to evaluate assessments and record grades in a central place accessible by others, if needed on short notice, such as the Canvas gradebook?
  5. Am I interacting or prepared to interact remotely with the students in my course(s) (e.g., distance office hours, discussions, etc.)?

For information and guidance related to instruction, including live webinars and Q&A sessions happening throughout this week continue to check this website.

For questions related to instruction, please contact: instructionalcontinuity@provost.wisc.edu. Information on accessing IT resources for working remotely can be found here.

– Steve Cramer, Vice Provost for Teaching & Learning